Monday, August 25, 2008

All of this for a needle prick...

Saturday night when I was working at Hidden Creek I accidentally pricked myself with a lancet after a tenant had checked their blood sugar. Went through my glove too. So I filled out an incident report, called the nurse and she said I would have to have a blood test done to check for HIV, HBV and all the Hepatitis's. So today I go to the clinic and have to go to the ER for the blood test (all needle pricks go through the ER) and I swear the tech filled about four or five little viles. Then I had to go to the clinic's second floor for a drug screening...making sure I'm not on anything...and I had to use a specific bathroom, they put blue dye in the toilet and turned the water off so you couldn't flush it, then they bring you in soap when you're finished to wash your hands and throw away the paper towels in a waste basket in the hall as they are not allowed in the bathroom. Then we proceed back to a little room (where I had to leave my purse) to initial that the numbers and code on the paper work match the label on my vials of pee and initial those. Needless to say this is the first time in the two and a half years I have worked there that this has happened and I am damn sure going to make sure it doesn't happen again!

No comments: