Mom picked me up at work at 5pm and we headed to Mason City. We ended up taking the scenic route through Northwood, Kensett, Manly and into Mason City. Went through all the country side without seeing one deer. As soon as we came into Mason City...deer right at the side of the road heading into traffic. Hit the brakes and pulled out the soccer mom arm across Grandma and luckily the truck behind us didn't hit us. I think the deer made it safe back to the side of the road. Found Papas Cafe and Sports Bar and had absolutely wonderful food.
After supper we headed to NIACC for the Lorie Line Holiday Extravaganza concert and it was fabulous. Saw lots of glitz and sequins....and that was just from some of the ladies clothes in the audience. Had really good seats and could actually watch her play the piano. She does an awesome job and puts on a very entertaining show. It was the Christmas Around the World Tour so they had outfits from Africa, Europe (even had a polka dance on stage) Asia and of course the North Pole. They had kids from the audience come onstage. They went backstage first and they had costumes already made (they went over their clothes) so kids came out as sled dogs, bears, seals, penguins, eskimos and elves. (Becky if your reading this, forget everything you just read. You're seeing the show on the 23rd) Absolutley Wonderful! The show lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Afterwards we're driving home on the interstate and came upon where Diamond Jo's Casino is and I told Grandma I hadn't been there yet. She asked if I wanted to stop...so we did. I put in $20 and came out with $49.25. In Bette terms that would be 4.925 dollars. Inside joke a few of us know. Since I came out the big winner (Grams left a nickel poorer) I told her I would buy pie and coffee. Got back to Albert Lea around 11:45 PM.
It was a very fun night. Love ya Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment