Slowly I am becoming domesticated. I tried canning tomatoes on my own last night (after making about three calls to my sister Steph to make sure I was doing something right)and I must say I did pretty good. I talked to Mom later that night and found out I forgot to bring the peeled/blended tomatoes to a boil again before putting them in the jars. Since I didn't do that I need to keep them refrigerated...next time I will remember that step.
Today was one of those days where everything and anything got on my nerves, under my skin and at any moment could have blown up and I have no reason why I was like that. It's too early for PMS but maybe that's what it was. Maybe tomorrow will be better...I'll get to sleep in a little bit.
3 comments:
Good job! How many quarts did you put up? I only planted grape and roma tomatoes. Grape tomatoes didn't make it and I'll be lucky to have some red roma tomatoes before it freezes. I dehydrate them for sun dried tomatoes...no canning for me!
I managed to get out three quarts. not a whole lot but if Steph has more I might do it again. Still have a few jars left from last year.
I THOUGHT THAT IF YOU HOT BATHED THEM LIKE I TOLD YOU TO, THAT YOU PROBABLY WOULN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BOILING AGAIN, (THE STEP YOU FORGOT)
IF YOU'D LIKE TO TRY APPLES NEXT, THEY ARE PICKED AND READY TO PEEL CORE AND FREEZE OR MAKE INTO APPLE BUTTER. I MADE MY FIRST BATCH LAST NICHT. HAVE 1 QUART AND 2 PINTS. WILL PROBABLY DO MORE. GARY AND ERIC ARE QUITE IMPRESSED WITH MY TALENTS...EVEN GOT A CAKE BAKED THIS WEEK FOR NO REASON. THEIR FIRST COMMENT WAS "WHO DIED"?
Post a Comment