The pain and discomfort ended up getting worse so I called back to Dr. Bland's office this morning and they managed to squeeze me in at 10:30. He took some xrays and couldn't see on the xray what could possibly be causing the pain but said there was a gray area that shouldn't be gray. No decay either.
Well he ended up deciding to fix the tooth right then and there. So in goes some novacaine and on goes the drill. He removes the filling, takes some pictures with an ultra red camera and finds out the crack in my tooth went from front to back...the filling was hiding some of the damage. Since it was cracked that much there is no saving the tooth so in goes some more novacaine in the roof of the mouth and to the side...takes out the pliers looking thing and starts wiggling back and forth until the tooth comes out. I leave the dentist office with my tooth (hope the tooth fairy is good to me)gauze packed in my now empty socket and mouth still numb from novacaine.
He told me I shouldn't bowl tonight but I am going to give it a try. Really shouldn't be lifting anything over two pounds and with bowling you end up bending over, exerting yourself, raising your heartbeat and the socket could start bleeding again. I have extra gauze if that happens.
What fun!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment