Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Christmas Party

I swear to god last night I was ready to throw the computer out the window! I have never had so many problems uploading pictures to the blog from photobucket like I did last night. First they were too big, then they were to small and the slideshow wouldn't operate, then I tried typing a little synopis underneath and the slideshow disappeared. Finally after three hours and a lot, and I mean a lot, of swearing (quite a few "f" bombs came flying out) I gave up and just left it the way it ended up. ANYWAYS.....

The radio station had the Christmas Party on Saturday night (the 27th) at The Willows in New Richland. Food was excellent! They had the annual slideshow of pictures from the past and some from this year and a little memorial to Diane. Of course it wouldn't be a party without the bloopers! Whether it is one of the production people or the client recording everything is saved and some of them end up on the blooper reel. The best one was an ad that was done for one of the sales people who had an for a furniture place and was to promote a "sofa king" product. Leave it to our guys to put together a "gag" ad and when played for the sales person, they didn't even catch it the first time. The production guy finally had to tell her..."listen again very carefully". They played that on the blooper cd and it was a riot!

Afterwards, some of us went to Eddies for drinks and karaoke. Jill was home for the weekend so I called her at her sister-in-laws and she came down for a couple of drinks too. Don't get to see her very often but was glad we were able to see each other for a few hours. Well people were getting up to sing and said it was my turn. I apparently surprised my co-workers. I heard someone say "Damn girl you got some lungs". It ended up being a very fun night....we need to do that more often.

Tomorrow night is New Years Eve and Belinda and I are going to the New Years party at Holiday Lanes. The tickets I purchased give us unlimited bowling, an array of appetizers, open bar (those were the magic words for me), a DJ and you are automatically put into a drawing to win two free tickets to Las Vegas. We figured it was something different to do.

Hope everyone has a Happy and Wonderful Holiday!

No comments: