Monday, July 06, 2009

Had a great weekend!

Ended up having the 4th of July weekend off at Hidden Creek so I was able to have some fun this weekend.

Started off that since we have enough employees with the radio station we were able to split up and do two parades on Saturday. A majority of the group went to the Austin parade and Jerry, Ron and I went to Blooming Prairie where I saw Phyllis and Pat and gave them a big handful of candy and saw Nikki and Philip and gave her a "Philip" Swatter with the Power 96 Logo on it. After the parade went to Belinda's and had some grilled chicken, hot dogs and potato salad (and beers)and since it rained we skipped the fireworks and went straight to Eddie's Bar. We could hear the fireworks outside but decided to keep drinking our beverages. My friend Jeff showed up and joined us for drinks and then Ron and his wife showed up also. They always have kaoroke so we got to hear some people sing well...some not so well. One girl sang Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson while another guy was dancing all over the place like he was Michael...and actually was pretty good. He got a roar of applause when he was finished. Closed the bar up at 2am, dropped Belinda off at home and I came home and crashed. Sunday all I did was laundry and relax before a week filled with work, work, work!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July weekend!

No comments: